Who says Easter baskets should only be for kids? I partnered with Kroger to put together the perfect adult Easter basket that anyone would love- a cheeseboard Easter basket! It contains everything you need for a beautiful and delicious cheeseboard- from the meat and cheese, to nuts and fruit, and even a board, wine, and napkins! I especially love that this basket is so perfect for gifting to anyone on your list- male or female, young or old; friends, neighbors, co-workers, moms, dads, siblings, husbands, or hostesses! The recipient can totally enjoy and snack on the basket on their own, share it with friends and family, or even use it for a ready-to-go Easter brunch appetizer! You can customize this completely based on your tastes and style but I’ve listed everything I used in mine below to get you started.Read More
Cheeses: aged Gouda, Manchego, Roquefort blue, blueberry goat cheese (I used Trader Joe’s)
Meats: prosciutto and Trader Joe’s peppered salami
Fruits/ veggies: raspberries, blackberries, red pear, red grapes, strawberries, cherries, radish, purple kale (for garnish)
Extras: chocolate covered blueberries (Trader Joe’s), dark chocolate bark, pepper jelly, grapefruit marmalade (Trader Joe’s), beet crackers (Trader Joe’s), Kalamata olives, French bread slices
1. Place your cheeses on your board first evenly spacing them so that they aren’t close together. Cut about half of each cheese into bite size pieces and pile it beside the remaining wedge. You don’t have to cut up the blueberry goat cheese but be sure to place a knife beside it for spreading!
2. Next place your prosciutto and salami on the board (I did a couple of different piles beside each cheese). Tear or cut your meats into bite sized pieces as you are doing this.
3. Add any of your “extras” that need to go in bowls next. I used small white bowls to hold the chocolate covered blueberries, peppery jelly, grapefruit marmalade, and olives. Place a spoon or fork inside each dish for easy serving. Like the cheeses, space these evenly across the board so that none of them are too close together.
4. Now you can add your fruit and veggies! I like to do several different small piles of each so that the color is evenly distributed throughout the board. Try to place different colors next to each other so that they pop (for example- I kept the blackberries further away from the blueberry goat cheese because they are very similar colors and would blend in. Instead I put some bright strawberries and beet crackers next to the blueberry goat cheese which really pops!
5. Fill in the rest of the holes or empty spaces with the remaining extras you have: bread, crackers, dark chocolate bark, etc.
6. Finish by adding a few pieces of purple kale as garnish around the edges, tucking it under any bowls or ingredients as needed to secure it.
Thanksgiving is without a doubt the biggest holiday centered around food and entertaining. What better way to kick off a day of continuous eating than with a giant charcuterie platter that’s just as beautiful as it is delicious?! Seriously this board could be a meal in and of itself so it’s totally appropriate for a Thanksgiving appetizer when you will be stuffing yourself all day long! This board is full of seasonal ingredients that can be mixed and matched together in so many different ways for countless combinations and delicious bites. I’m also sharing all my tips and tricks for arranging the board like a pro from start to finish for the most show-stopping presentation.Read More
Today I’m sharing my second Halloween themed board of the season and this one is my favorite because it’s so unconventional and just fun! I couldn’t really call it a cheeseboard because there’s no cheese involved, except cheddar popcorn, so I’m calling this a snack board! The formula for creating this is easy- just gather up all you favorite candy and sweet and salty snacks for Halloween and throw them together on one giant board!Read More
Halloween is just a week away and every year I love to make as many fun recipes as possible leading up to the holiday! So over the next week, I’m bringing you not one, but two, different takes on festive Halloween snack boards! This board is more along the lines of a traditional cheeseboard with the ingredients although I did make a few unexpected sweet additions! I tried to keep the overall color palette Halloween themed with plenty of pops of orange and lots of dark purple, chocolate, and bits of white. The end product is super bright + playful (not to mention tasty) and so perfect for celebrating Halloween!Read More
Come join me to learn how to assemble the perfect cheeseboard at the Amsden! I will share my tips and tricks while demonstrating how I put together my cheeseboards step by step. Each attendee will receive a take home guide to assembling their charcuterie at home, as well as a goodie bag with some of my styling must-haves! This class will focus on autumn entertaining, ingredients, and fall recipes! Throughout the class, we can all taste and enjoy the cheeseboard together with complimentary coffee drinks and/or wine from the Amsden Coffee Club! View details below + scroll down to reserve your spot!Read More
Come join me to learn how to assemble the perfect cheeseboard at the Amsden! I will share my tips and tricks while demonstrating how I put together my cheeseboards step by step. Each attendee will receive a take home guide to assembling their charcuterie at home, as well as their own marble cheeseboard to make it on! After we finish, we can all taste and enjoy the cheeseboard together with complimentary coffee drinks and/or wine from the Amsden Coffee Club!Read More
Sometimes I feel like I should maybe just create a whole blog dedicated to my love of cheese and charcuterie boards! I have shared so many different charcuterie boards, ideas, and recipes over the years on here and it truly is my favorite meal both to serve and eat! Not only is it easy to prepare but I love how you can really wow guests with the overall presentation, PLUS it feeds a large crowd easily. This past weekend, I wanted to put a twist on my usual charcuterie board for a Saturday morning event, and the bagel brunch board was born! Seriously who doesn't love bagels with alllll the fixings?! I included everything you need for both savory and sweet bagels and once I got going picking out ingredients, it was hard to stop! There are so many possibilities for this and I love that you can personalize it to your preferences or whatever your crowd may like. I got all my ingredients for this from Trader Joe's which is my favorite spot for picking up unique and delicious cheese board ingredients. I've listed all the items I used below as well as tips for assembling your own beautiful brunch board like a pro!Read More