Summer is the perfect time for homemade pizza piled high with fresh produce from the garden! This summer pizza features fresh roasted vegetables on top of a garlic butter pesto sauce base and smothered with plenty of melty cheese. I also added some bits of fresh basil on top for extra flavor and color. Overall this pizza is super light, flavorful, and bright and so perfect for an easy summer dinner! We got all our vegetables and basil from the local farmer's market and I used Trader Joe's fresh garlic and herb pizza dough which makes at-home pizza making so easy and delicious! You can find all the instructions and list of ingredients needed for making this fresh pizza below!
Trader Joe's pizza dough (It comes in white, wheat, and garlic + herb.): 1 package
3 ounces Pesto sauce
4 tablespoons salted butter
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
cherry or grape tomatoes
4 oz shredded mozzarella shredded cheese
4 oz Parmesan or Asiago shredded cheese
salt + pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Chop/thinly slice the zucchini, summer squash, and banana peppers. Toss in 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Spread vegetables onto a baking sheet in a single layer and roast at 450 for 10-15 minutes. Then set aside.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, prep the pizza crust according to instructions and lay out on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
5. In a saucepan on medium heat, add the butter, pesto sauce, and minced garlic. Stir until butter is melted and everything is well combined.
6. Spread pesto sauce mixture evenly over pizza crust, brushing any extra onto the outer crust.
7. Combine both cheeses together and sprinkle half the cheese over the sauce.
8. Evenly distribute the roasted veggies across the pizza, then top with remaining cheese.
9. Tear the fresh basil into small pieces and sprinkle across the top of the pizza. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top.
10. Bake at 450 until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.