I made these autumn spiced nuts for my autumn cheeseboard workshop and they were a huge hit! I had made spiced nuts for the holidays in the oven before but this crockpot recipe was so much easier and actually dispersed the flavor a lot better. It also will fill your whole home with the smell of autumn which is a huge plus! The nuts have the perfect balance of sweet and salty ingredients and spices making them an easy snack or appetizer pairing. This recipe also makes such a quick and easy homemade gift for party favor! Just separate your batch into small jars or cute gift bags and wrap with some twine and a gift tag! You can find all the recipes + instructions needed to whip these up below.
4 cups mixed nuts (roasted, unsweetened, and unsalted preferably)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon allspice
1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 ¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper (you can add more to your liking)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
¼ cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons butter
1. Spray the bottom of the crock pot with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mixed nuts, cumin, allspice, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, rosemary, maple syrup, and butter.
3. Spread the mixed nuts evenly on the bottom of the crock pot. Cook on high heat for about 1 hour.
4. Turn the heat to low, keep stirring every 20 minutes, until the nuts are glazed for about 1 hour.
5. Turn the heat off, uncovered and let the nuts harden. Serve immediately or store in an airtight jars for up to 5 days.