This super easy summer recipe combines some of my favorite ingredients: fresh strawberries, moist pound cake, and the most delicious lemon marscapone cream. All the ingredients are amazing on their own but when layered up, the flavors and textures perfectly compliment each other! I use a store-bought pound cake to make this recipe even easier, especially since you are going to be making the lemon marscapone cream from scratch. I love to serve this in individual mason jars for a fun twist on the traditional trifle and a super cute, summery presentation! It also makes it much easier to serve and transport to your party or event. Find all the ingredients + step by step instructions for this recipe below!
makes about 10 individual servings
1 loaf store bought pound cake
lemon marscapone cream (recipe below)
1 quart fresh strawberries (sliced or halved)
for the lemon marscapone cream:
2 cups whipping cream
8 ounce container mascarpone cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
½ cup lemon curd
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Combine all the ingredients for your lemon marscapone cream in a large mixing bowl and combine using a hand mixer (you could also use a stand mixer for this). Mix until smooth and creamy.
2. In individual mason jars (I used 8 ounce jars), start by adding a layer of chopped strawberries to the bottom of each jar (about one handful).
3. Layer next with one scoop of cream (I piped mine into the jar using a frosting bag + piping tip).
4. Slice your pound cake into 2 inch pieces then cut each slice into thirds. Add 1-2 pound cake pieces to your jars on top of the cream.
5. Add one more scoop of cream on top then garnish with one or two more sliced strawberries (I used some with the stems on top for an extra pop of color!).