The next area up on my home organization tour is my vanity where I store all my beauty products + makeup. This is one of the most fun areas in my opinion to get organized, but also can be the most challenging for many women. As always the key to tackling this space is purging. I know I probably have a lot less makeup than most, but I also use everything I have, and if I don't like something or if something is empty or old, I toss it immediately. If you have a lot more makeup/beauty products than I do, there are a ton of great organizing options linked below too with lots of drawers, dividers, and stackers that you can combine to contain your entire collection. Also don't be afraid to think outside of the box when shopping for organizers. I love to use vintage pieces like cake plates, mirror trays, milkglass vases, and/or glass jars to contain items, especially on top of your vanity. I've listed a few easy steps to guide you when tackling this space below:
Below I've listed a few basic steps for tackling this area and getting it cleaned and organized top to bottom:
1. Throw out everything you don't use, anything that's old or expired, and anything that is empty.
2. Remove and clean out all containers (or you may be adding brand new containers that are already clean). A lot of plastic caddies and dividers can be run through the dishwasher usually. Don't forget to also clean makeup brushes and sponges while you are doing this too.
3. Wipe down the insides of drawers and surfaces while they are empty, and quickly wipe down the outsides of all your makeup products that might get grimy and caked up.
4. Start organizing products by type and deciding which organizers to use for each and/or which shelves/drawers to use for each. You may want to wait to purchase organizers after you complete this step so you can make a list of exactly the size/type of organizers you need for each category.
5. Don't forget to measure the inside of drawers/cabinets in your vanity so you can get organizers and caddies that are just the right size!
6. Utilize the top of your vanity too with more decorative organizers, tiered plates, mirror trays, stacking organizers, etc.
7. If additional space is needed consider adding a rolling cart beside your vanity, or wall mounted shelves above your vanity to hold extra organizers and/or beauty products.
Below are some beautiful inspiration photos for getting your vanity space looking neat + tidy as well as some unique ideas for getting all your makeup and beauty products organized. Below that, I've also listed some of my favorite makeup and beauty product organizers that you can click on to shop. As always the container store is an amazing resource for getting started and you can find their full sleection of makeup organizers here. I'm thrilled to have one more space marked off my list and it makes getting ready each morning a little more fun having a vanity so pretty + organized! If you have any questions or come across any specific challenges while tackling your vanity area, feel free to ask them in the comments below!