No brunch spread is complete without a quiche! This delicious savory quiche includes a one of my favorite combos: spinach + feta. It's the perfect balance to all the sweet dishes and treats I served at our blogger brunch and was definitely the dish I got the most compliments on! I used a frozen pie crust to make this recipe even quicker and easier, but if you prefer to make your own crust from scratch that's always an option. You can find the full list of ingredients and step by step instructions below!
adapted from this recipe
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 cup steamed fresh spinach or thawed frozen spinach, drained and squeezed completely dry
- 3 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Preheat and pre-bake the crust according to the package instructions (until golden brown).
2. Arrange the spinach evenly in the prebaked crust.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and the nutmeg. Add the cream and milk and whisk until well blended.
4. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the spinach in the crust. Dot the top with the cheese and the butter.
5. Bake the quiche until the top is lightly browned and the filling is barely set, about 40 to 45 minutes.
6. Transfer to the wire rack and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve. Serves 8.