Almost too cute to eat! These Halloween stuffed peppers are such a fun + easy recipe to make leading up to Halloween or for Halloween dinner. Each pepper is stuffed with black beans, ground beef, rice, and the taco toppings of your choice! I topped mine with pico, shredded cheese, and sour cream! Find the full list of ingredients and instructions below!
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 8 ounce package Mexican rice
1 15 oz. can black beans
4-6 large bell peppers of your choice (I chose all orange)
Pico de gallo
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Using a small knife or paring knife, carefully cut open your bell peppers by cutting off a circular top and then hollowing out the insides (be sure to remove all the seeds).
3. Use the same knife to (very carefully) cut a jack-o-lantern face (optional). Boil your peppers for about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from the water and set aside.
4. Follow the instructions on your Mexican rice package to prepare your rice.
5. Cook your ground beef until browned on medium-high heat.
6. Lower the heat to simmer and add the taco seasoning to the beef, tossing to combine.
7. Drain and rinse your black beans and add them to your beef mix.
8. Add your cooked Mexican rice to the beef mix as well and toss to combine, while still on simmer.
9. Place your peppers in a baking dish and fill each one to the top with your rice, beef, and bean mix. You can sprinkle the tops with cheese and then add the pepper tops.
10. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and add Pico de gallo and sour cream to the top (optional).