ITEMS TO FOCUS ON:
1. add matching side tables + lamps on each side of bed
2. hang curtain rods above molding with long curtains (for window behind bed you can do just one curtain on the left draped off to the side)
3. wall art/ something large for above the bed
4. add chair/ small seating area in corner by window (or maybe move bassinet over here)?
5. paint walls (some ideas listed below)
6. mount television or get a separate piece of furniture just for that so dresser can stay clear on top (also center turquoise dresser more on that wall)
7. get additional taller dresser for storage in between closets? could also add hooks / jewelry storage/ etc. above this if needed
8. I didn't get a photo of light fixture in here so not sure about that?
9. add rug at foot of bed? or maybe a bench/ set of poufs (or both!)?
10. update bedding/ add a few pieces?
I love the color scheme in here especially with your turquoise dresser! Pops of black, mustard, and blues. I think this color would be amazing on the walls and you could possibly get some matching black side tables or paint something black for the side tables.
I can also see doing light and bright walls (or leaving the wall color as is) and doing crisp white bedding with pops of orange and turquoise. Love the fun wall art and wicker lamps too! A jute rug would be durable but also add some texture/ coziness to the space
Love the mix of retro patterns and especially the cute arrangement of wall art above the bed!
I also love this look with dark/moody wall color, macrame piece above the bed and vintagey lamps
This look could work with your existing wall color- white, simple bedding with printed pillows and rug, small side tables with matching floor lamps and bench at the end of bed.
Simple white bedding, printed rug, dark walls, and overall super minimal accessories
Jeweltone walls, rattan side tables and lamps with printed bedding
This could work with your current wall color- lots of blues and textures on the bedding
This is what I'm picturing for the corner seating area near the 2nd window
Painted vintage side tables with bright printed bedding and neutral walls
ITEMS TO FOCUS ON:
1. paint walls? I would probably go with a bright white but I listed a few more options below
2. hang chalkboard on right side wall and paint trim
3. I can't remember exactly but I think you had one or two chairs leftover to use in here? Let me know!
4. runner/entryway rug/mat?
5. maybe add one more furniture piece if there's room- a small cabinet or console table?
6. add some hooks, storage, organizers on one wall if you need it?
Love this overall setup- good mix of storage and sitting area; I love the photo ledge and slightly disheveled look
hooks for storage plus seating- very simple and eclectic
Another fun option for this space would be to wallpaper one wall or the whole room- a few examples above and below.
If you wanted to add a small storage area to one wall of this space we could do something similar to this that would still look great but remain functional
One more example of a little storage area
simple hooks, rattan chair, fun printed rug, and lots of plants
Love the vintagey mix of prints and colors. I really like this size of cabinet too as possibly an additional furniture piece for your space
One more option besides white walls- I also love this medium turquoise color for this room
small console table, printed rug, eclectic mix of accessories and wall art
ITEMS TO FOCUS ON:
1. statement light fixture and possibly move over to center over table
2. table + chairs/bench
3. some kind of cabinet/hutch/shelving to display vintage collections/ artwork/ fun items
4. rug for under dining table?
5. update window treatments (some ideas below)
6. update paint?
7. fireplace updating (some ideas below)
8. large statement piece/mirror for above the fireplace
9, hang artwork/ fill walls in a bit
10. stage wooden furniture piece you already have like a bar area/ add shelves above if needed
11. hang curtain rod above windows with long curtains (could do just one curtain draped to the side if you wanted to)
I love the overall vibe of this space- the bright colors and mix of modern and vintage elements. Would love to do a more modern, fun light fixture to really make a statement.
I love the idea of a round table for your space. I think it feels more casual and unique- overall I love the eclectic mix of the room above and mixed prints. I also like the painted ceiling as a fun touch.
I love the dark fireplace, wall color, and mix of modern + traditional furniture in this space.
I love the simple white curtains with pops of color in this room. Another more rustic/traditional dining table paired with midcentury chairs and lights. I also love the little shelving/bar area in the corner.
Another fun round table set up with a textured rug. I really like this larger sideboard piece with the leaning artwork- you would definitely have room for a more furniture in here and something like this for extra storage.
A little more masculine/minimal style- I like the simplicity and moody colors.
Would love to do a leaning mirror on one of the open walls in this space! love this round table with the mix of fun, upholstered chairs as well.
I also like the idea of mix and match chairs with a long table. I really like the dark fireplaces too and the way they used two light fixtures draped over this table.
Super minimal and simple- I like the idea of the bench on one side of the round table for a super cozy feel.
Another mix and match table/chair set with multiple light pendants above.
A corner set up with a bench is another option to consider (it would block part of one of your windows but they did that above and it still looks fine!). This would give you a more open feel in the center of the room as well. I love the overall style of the space above.
One more bench example centered in front of a large window- love the oval table and bright, airy feel.
Boho + fun space with printed wallpaper and moody colors. I love the light fixture and mix of rustic/vintage furniture.
I love the mix of modern and traditional in here and also the overall simplicity. The furniture piece they have staged as a bar reminded me of the furniture piece you have in the dining room and I thought that might be a fun way to utilize/style it.
Printed oriental rug, modern table and chairs; and a midcentury light fixture. I also love the tall, lacquered cabinet as another furniture option for your space and to store some of your vintage collectibles.
Fun, bright, and modern- love this painted farm table and the fun artwork!
I like to try hanging a curtain rod in between your molding and ceiling (super high, almost to top of ceiling). That way it wouldn't damage the moldings but we could still get the drape and flow of curtain panels and the height they would add to the space (see above + below). Since your second window molding is flush to the ceiling with no space in between- I would just do a coordinating fabric shade inside the window, or single floor length panel draped to the side (using the same tension style rod you have now inside the window).
I would love to make the fireplace in here really pop with either a fun color (definitely painting the stone/brick on the bottom either the same or a coordinating color to the mantle). Since these appear to be non-functioning fireplaces (is there anything behind them?) I've added some ideas for staging them- above I like how they placed plants inside to fill the space.
I love this dark color for the mantle and how they used the printed tile inside of the fireplace (something we might be able to do depending on what it looks like behind there)
I also love the idea of a black mantle- here they used it with white marble (we could use a white marble tile or marble-look wallpaper/contact paper to achieve a similar look!
Painted white mantle and printed tile
Dusty blue painted mantle
Dark lacquered mantle with wallpapered interior.
olive green mantle with marble interior
Another dusty blue painted mantle option.
I would love to fill some of your empty walls with one or two shelving options which would give us more storage/display area for some of your vintage pieces/artwork. A few ideas below:
Love these simple white floating shelves on each side of a mirror/piece of artwork. I also love the overall style/decor of this space!
Another example of some simple floating shelves layered with artwork, books, and small items. I love the height this adds to a room too.
Another option would be simple picture ledges to layer artwork too- I love this look as well!
A corner floating shelf set up
Tall matching bookshelves placed together for more of a built-in look. Love the overall style/decor in here too.
Vintage hutch/cabinet painted a fun color would also work for storage in here as well.
ITEMS TO FOCUS ON:
1. new couch/sectional
2. add a chair?
3. side tables/lamps
4. hang one long curtain rod above window trim with curtain panels on each side (see examples below)
5. update fireplace (see ideas from dining room section)
6. mount television over fireplace/ hide cords
7. hang artwork/ fill in walls a bit (hang something over electrical panel to hide it)
8. does this light fixture need to be updated (I didn't get a good photo of it?)
10. pillows / throw for couch
11. paint coffee table if needed but we may be able to work with it as-is depending on what other patterns we choose for the room (especially the rug is what I'm worried about clashing)
I love the overall color scheme in here and all of the layered textures. I also like the hammered coffee table and fun artwork.
More of a glam/70s vibe but I love elements of this (colors, lamps, art, etc.), but would like to make it more cozy/casual overall.
Simple and minimal with pops of color and texture. Love the gallery wall as an option to fill one of the blank walls.
Boho/70's with lots of texture and warm colors.
Love this printed rug and the mix of modern and traditional furniture. You definitley have room to add one or two more pieces of furniture besides the sectional, whether it be a shelf, chair, or console table.
Love the layered rugs, fireplace color, and mix of neutral and printed fabrics.
Minimal overall but with lots of pops of color and pattern.
Love the more moody/masculine colors in this space.
Another gallery wall example- lots of fun colors and vintage pieces in this space.
Boho and cozy with lots of texture and mixed patterns.
Super minimal, clean, and modern.
Love these curtain rods/curtains. I also like the pops of blue in here, artwork mix, and rich wood furniture pieces.
Bright and simple but super cozy! I love the simple curtains hung across the two windows.
Minimal walls and accessories with some fun pops of color- like the rug and turquoise cabinet.
Love the addition of the high shelves and the large cozy rug. Overall pretty simple but very cozy and pulled together feeling.
Dark and moody with pops of black and white.
Light and bright with lots of pattern and paastels.
I love this color scheme and the simple accessorizing! They used several smaller rugs in this space instead of one large one.
Simple walls and curtains with layered printed rugs and lots of pillows to warm up a leather couch.